Based in Lehi, Utah
The Incredible Baron combines real time strategy gameplay with over 45 collectible animal species in a tale of exploration, science, and betrayal. As Baron, players explore an uncharted island, documenting its species and using their unique abilities to defeat nefarious adversaries in the always cut throat world of science. But as the adventure unfolds, players may question the credibility of Baron's incredible boasts, leaving only their tactical skill and the know-how of Baron's crew as the deciding factors in Baron's fate.
Baron began in 2011 when Victor, the founder of FlatRedBall, enlisted the help of a recently out of work game designer (David) and a fourth grade science teacher (Stephen) to create the next FlatRedBall title. Baron represents their best effort to escape the tumultuous yoke of the game industry at large and seek refuge under the banner of indie games. Development of the game was slow and steady, as all three core team members have other day jobs. However, after a successful Kickstarter, The Incredible Baron is now available on Steam, iOS, Android and the Windows Store. With luck, Baron will help the team pare down part time jobs in order to focus more time on their next game project.
- Harness the unique strengths of over 45 new species that inhabit the island.
- Experience a twisting tale of science and betrayal spanning 30 story levels and 60 challenge levels.
- Customize your army and the tech tree itself as you build a team suited for each upcoming challenge.
- Explore exotic environments presented in a gorgeous, 16-bit art style.
- Unique setting and cast of characters inspired by 18th century naturalists, Baron Munchausen, and Don Quixote.
Release Trailer YouTube
Story Trailer YouTube
Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Concept to Company Game Wars Finalist" 2013
- "Salt Valley Talley Digital Media Contest Finalist" 2012
Original soundtrack by Michael Mancuso available soon at essel.spork-chan.net.
FlatRedBall develops video games and offers free technology for game development, including powerful game engines, tools for data generation, software for high-level object creation, and a website with forums, wiki, and live chat to help you find answers and details about every aspect of FlatRedBall development.
More information on FlatRedBall, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Incredible Baron Credits